Monday, August 09, 2004

Monday Morning Mini

Well, happy Monday morning, all you sleepy peeps. Just a few thoughts for the 3rd mini-post in a row and then an update with a real post later today. 1. Saw the "Bourne Supremacy" on Sunday. Excellent. Really fun and fast and sophisticated. No cheesiness, no lameness, no eye-rolling lines or scenes. Best car chase since "Ronin" - so good it actually gave me a headache. I mean that in a good way. And let me just say that Matt Damon is uber yummy even when he looks like shit. 2. Every time I mention online dating, the person I'm speaking to says, "Oh, I'm doing that." 3. I was called in to my boss's office. This is never pleasant. He's perfectly nice, but you know how it is when you get called into the head honcho's domain and they ask you to close the door. Yikes. Yikes!! It doesn't help that he looks exactly like the abominable snowman in the "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" Christmas special. My insides felt like curdled cream soup. I sat down on the edge of the seat in case he was going to say something that would make me cry and I could run out of the room dramatically. But no. Instead of making me cry, he offered me a prime piece of real estate. Corner area, huge window, three desks and best of all...privacy. Because privacy is CLEARLY what my work flow needs right now, you CRAZY PEOPLE. Who offers privacy to a blog addict? Who? And what blog addict turns it down? Not me!! This does not bode well for my job retention. Posted by Hello

|