Thursday, February 17, 2005

Oh, hello.

Goood eeeeeevening. Well. I have a lot to say. I want to talk about the Justice Department's removal of any mention of emergency contraception for rape victims from their official guidelines and I want to talk about the conspicuous lack of Christian dogma from the U.S. constitution, but I'm too sleepy right now. Instead, just an overdue tidbit about my Valentine's Day. I'm such a cop-out sloth. So, I don't DO Valentine's Day, right? I think it's a dumb holiday. I don't like obligatory romance. So when I'm in a relationship I always warn the guy way ahead of time that we won't be celebrating it and I'd really rather not even get together on that day. Takes the pressure off, you know? I gave Michael my usual anti-Valentine's Day speech and he seemed to agree. He also seemed not-gung-ho about the holiday, but I have yet to meet a man who doesn't take the out I give him on this one with utmost gratitude. So I thought all was normal and we wouldn't see each other on Monday, especially since we had just recently spend 48 hours together doing sort of everything and nothing, you know? Anyone who knows me knows that I don't spend stretches of time with any one person. I need my space and a lot of alone time so 12 hours in one person's company is pretty much my limit. Strangely, I didn't get claustrophobic or sick of Michael at all when we were attached at the hip for two days.......but I digress. So on Monday he sent me an IM asking if I would come over to his place for dinner. I was...flattered, honestly. I mean, not only was I not sick of him, but he was not sick of me! He came to get me and when we got to his place there was a huge bouquet of flowers for me. He then proceeded to cook me this incredible meal of homemade polenta with a portobello, garlic, tomato sauce, green salad and - get this - apple crisp. From scratch. With ice cream. Oh, AND...I was so full and sleepy that he spoon-fed me dessert. CAN YOU BELIEVE I EVER TRIED TO BREAK UP WITH THIS MAN???? Who could have known that I secretly did want to celebrate this silly Hallmark holiday? I didn't even know it myself. It's nice when they can read your mind a little, isn't it? When they know you a little better than you know yourself? What a nice, cozy thought to go to bed by. G'night everyone!

|