Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Boy-talk (sorry)

CB's comment: you are one smitten sloth. i love it. I think the new man is like a better looking Peter Horton. AND that present you gave me made me hallucinate and act irresponsibly on the plane. My answer: Really? Did it make you have sex with a Vietnamese ballroom dancer? Cuz that's what it did to me on the plane. Details. I want details. And I just googled Peter Horton...and you're RIGHT!! I did the walk of shame this morning with crazy hair and sunglasses through the courtyard of my building at 7 a.m. Is it still the walk of shame if you feel no shame? I think we should come up with a new name for it. Well! Good morning, Slothville. My so-delicious-that-I-accidentally-spent-the-night-at-his-house-last-night-even-though-I-SPECIFICALLY-said-I-wasn't-going-to boyfriend is stuck in jury duty today. Let's all feel the sympathy even though he'll never know about it because he is not allowed to read this blog (see above). He called me on his break to say that he was thinking about how crazy he is about me the whole time they were showing that tedious video you have to watch in preparation of getting to sit there for six hours before being sent home. I don't believe it is a stretch to say that I am not the only one who is smitten around here. One weird side effect of this is that we both basically live in fear of one another. We're so moon-eyed about each other that it's making us act like crazy people. It's like, we're too afraid to be this happy because what if the other one suddenly decides she/he doesn't like me anymore and I'll be so hurt and it will be endlessly painful and I couldn't take it and I feel so needy and weird but if I act needy and weird then she/he won't like me anymore and blah blah blah. At least it's happening to both of us so we can sort of step back and watch ourselves act like psychotic teenagers with a measure of impunity and amusement. He got his hair cut. The messy blonde hair is now a controlled blonde haircut. But I can still grab hold of the back and that's allllll that matters. We're in that stage where it's sort of hard to even eat around each other. I just thought to myself, "I should really be writing this down while it lasts..." and then I realized that that's exactly what I'm doing.

|