Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What's the Crappiest Day of the Week?

Cactus with blossom, 8/27/05 The correct answer is TUESDAY. Especially if it's raining. If you answered otherwise you are disqualified. Disqualified from what, you ask? Well, I've decided that if I can't ban Tuesday from the calendar, I can at least try to make it bearable by suggesting a little project for all of us to enjoy. This week's project involves embarrassing family moments, preferably involving a significant other. Here's mine: Last Saturday my boyfriend (He-who-cannot-be-nicknamed) and I were having dinner with my parents. Grilled salmon steaks, one of which was dropped on the ground during flipping (and which I had to clean up because I laughed the hardest), salad and corn on the cob. After we had all piled up our plates, my boyfriend confessed (with the opening, "Please don't laugh at me, but...") that he slices the kernels off of the cob and eats them with a fork. As my boyfriend was chopping away at his corn, I noticed my stepfather watching his every movement and sort of fidgeting a little bit. Finally, he blurted out, "Do you...do you suck on the cob afterward?" We were all laughing too hard to breathe when my stepdad finally gasped out, "I just couldn't think of a good way to say it!!" Whatchoo got?

|